A Service that stands out globally
The service, offered in partnership with Gambit, differs from other similar offers worldwide because of its high quality thanks to:
- A fully automated service: you will receive notifications electronically;
- An accelerated processing time thanks to the automated process;
- Online payments;
- The ability to track the process in real time through the Gambit website.
Cases that require digital fingerprinting
- Obtaining a certified criminal record certificate in the USA;
- Obtaining a certified criminal record certificate elsewhere in the world;
- Obtaining a certified criminal record certificate for the RCMP;
- Any requests regarding the Privacy Act request;
- Background check prior to volunteer work;
- Name change;
- For Controlled Goods Program Registration & Compliance;
- Adoption of a child(with no family history or ties) or kinship/relative adoption(with family ties);
- For a Government of Canada Security Clearance in Support of the PSPC Contract Security Program;
- Employment in the Provincial, municipal governments or private sector;
- Submission of an application for suspension of a criminal record/pardon;
- For Permanent Resident Status in Canada;
- For Canadian Citizenship;
- Application to the Department of Homeland Security to lift a ban on crossing the Canadian-US border due to past convictions(despite pardon or suspension of record);
- For Foreign Visa application.
Different forms of fingerprinting
It is indeed possible to take fingerprints electronically then scan and print them on a form. Even though most applicants prefer the simple and efficient digital process of fingerprinting, the traditional ink finger printing process is also available.
In fact, ink fingerprinting is still categorically required for foreign police checks and certain high-profile Canadian security services as well as in the case of individuals whose finger prints are deemed inadequate (low definition) for digital reading.
However, for individuals with criminal records, the RCMP requires a time limit of 120 days in order to process the verifications.